How to get A basic foot measurement
Take your foot measurement in a seated
position whilst wearing your usual cycling socks.
- Step 1: Trace your foot onto a sheet of paper. After you trace
your foot take a ruler and make a line to mark the furthest point
on all four sides as shown below.
- Step 2: Length measurement (Points 1 to 2 as shown at left).
Use a millimetre ruler to get the measurement of the longest
distance from heel to longest toe (first or second toe).
- Step 3: Width measurement (Points 3 to 4 as shown at left). Use
a millimetre ruler to get the measurement of the widest distance of
foot from side to side.
- Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3 for your other foot as your feet may
be different sizes. Typically you will want shoes that accommodate
your largest foot the most comfortably.
- Add 5mm to your actual length measurement to get your
recommended size, it is not necessary to add any additional mm to
your measured width.
For accurate measurement please obtain a 3 digit millimetre
measurement (e.g. 267mm or 26.7cm will provide the correct amount
Accurate measurements cannot be obtained from only 2 digits
(e.g. 26cm does not provide enough data to determine size