What will you learn
The course is based around home mechanics, cleaning and roadside
Any of the course can be changed to work on specific areas if a
group booking has a particular aim i.e electronic gears and
Course starts at 9am. Brief meet and greet with coffee and
You'll be introduced to Keith and the plan for the day will be
explained. Keith will show you round the workshop and run through
the tools you will be using. You'll then jump straight into the
- Torque Wrench handle bar/stems/seat post.
- Puncture and tyre installation
- Tubeless / tubes
- QR and thru axle
- Dyno plugs and tyre boots
- Sealant and tubeless valves
- Roadside repairs
- Tyre inspection / wear
- Chain and Cassette Removal
- Quick link pliers and pins
- Remove and replace a chain (plus cutting chain to size)
- Cleaning and relube
- Chain wear tool and how to use it.
- Chain whip and cassette tool
- Cleaning and reinstallation
- Pedal removal and install
- Chainset removal (SRAM/Shimano) Axle grease,
- chainring wear
- Torque settings
- Cleaning products and processes of cleaning.
Break For Lunch
The second part of the day will focus on gears and brakes.
- Disc Vs Rim
- Pad removal, clean, wear, install
- Caliper and hydraulic clean and align
- Pad spreader and rotor straightening tool
- Hydraulic brake bleed Shimano/SRAM
- Cleaning rotors, rim brake surface and wear tolerance.
- Removing rotors (cassette and over ring)
- Hanger and hanger tool demonstration and explanation
- Mechanical vs electric
- Cable operated - cable tension, limit screws, b-tension
- Intro to electronic systems - SRAM/Shimano
- Electronic Installation and set up
- Diagnostics and firmware update
- Battery check, replacement & charging
- Problem solving adjustment and limits
Any spare time at the end will be used for bartaping and the
principals of wheel truing.
Finally the day will be rounded off with a Q&A.
We'd be thrilled to see you on a course and share our
Any further questions please email email@example.com.
Cancellation policy: We have 2 week cancellation on policy
on our Home Mechanic Course. A cancellation inside of 2 weeks will
forfeit your payment, although you can reschedule onto a future